Velo Tandem Aldi Brew Guide
Velo Tandem Ground is most suitable for brewing in a French Press or a V60 pour over brewer.
Velo Tandem Whole Bean should be ground at home to a coarseness suitable for the method of brewing used.
Check out our brewing equipment here.
- The ratio is 75g/L i.e. ~19g coffee per 250mL cup.
- Boil around 250mL fresh water.
- Preheat your coffee press with boiling water and discard before adding coffee.
- Add your 19g of Velo Tandem coffee (ground to medium-coarse if grinding our Velo Tandem Whole Bean at home) to the press and place on a weighing scales. Be sure to tare the balance.
- Pour ~40g of hot water (ideally 94℃) initially to saturate the grounds.
- After 30 seconds add the remaining water, allowing it to steep for 3.5 minutes.
- Steadily plunge the filter to the bottom.
- The ratio of coffee is 60g/L. This is 15g for 250mL i.e. 1 cup. This can be adjusted according to your taste.
- Boil fresh water.
- Place a paper filter into the brewer and rinse with hot water to preheat the device. Discard that water.
- Add your 15g of Velo Tandem coffee to the brewer and place it on top of the cup.
- Place this on a scales and begin slowly pouring hot water (ideally 94℃) to saturate the coffee and let it bloom for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour 50g of water every 30s until a total of 250g is achieved.
- Let all water drip through until the bed of coffee looks dry (that should ideally take 3-4 min)
- Remove the brewer from your cup and enjoy!