The AeroPress method is a relatively inexpensive and portable brewing method. It steeps water and coffee together, and then uses a piston to create pressure and push the water through the coffee grounds through a paper filter. Some describe it as the middle ground between a filter coffee maker and an espresso machine.
The Traditional AeroPress Method
- Hot water (ideally 94℃)
- Any of our Velo coffees!
The water to coffee ratio can be adjusted according to your taste, but we recommend 15g of coffee per 250ml of water (i.e. 1 heaped AeroPress scoop per standard cup).
Building your Coffee:
- Boil fresh water.
- Place a filter paper into the cap and rinse. This is to remove any paper taste.
- Twist cap with wet filter onto AeroPress.
- Grind 15g of coffee to a medium grind (we offer a free grinding service with all coffee purchased!)
- Place the brewer on the top of the mug cap-side down and add coffee
- Add hot water (we recommend 250ml) and give it a stir.
- Put the plunger in place and make sure it's sealed.
- Let the coffee sit for 2 minutes.
- Steadily plunge the liquid out over the course of 30 seconds (total brew time should take 2-3 minutes.)