The Aeropress method is another inexpensive, but portable, method that steeps water and coffee together, then uses a piston to press water through the coffee grounds through a paper filter. Some describe it as the middle ground between a filter coffee maker and an espresso machine.
The Traditional Aeropress Method
- Water (As a general suggestion, we would recommend
75g/L i.e ~6 heaping teaspoons per standard cup )
- Any of our Velo coffees!
Remember that the water to coffee ratio can be adjusted according to your taste
Building your Coffee:
- Boil fresh water.
- Place a filter paper into the filter holder, twist and lock. Run some hot water through to heat the brewer and rinse the paper. Discard that water.
- Grind 20g of coffee to a medium-coarse grind (we offer a free grinding service with all coffee purchased!)
- Place the brewer on the top of the mug, add coffee in using the funnel and scoop.
- Add hot water (ideally 94℃), give it a quick stir.
- Put the piston in place, make sure it’s sealed. Pull it back up slightly, this creates a vacuum inside the Aeropress and prevent liquid from dripping before the coffee is brewed.
- Let the coffee sit for 1 minute.
- Steadily plunge the liquid out (brewing should take 2-3 min).
The Final Product: