The French Press is generally known for its inexpensive and easy-to-follow method. While most brewing methods consist of water filtering through coffee grounds, this method involves the coffee and water steeping together. This gives the coffee a consistent flavour and extraction.
The French Press Method
The water to coffee ratio can always be adjusted according to your taste, we recommend 60g per 1000ml of water (2 heaped dessert spoons per cup).
Building your Coffee:
- Boil fresh water and let rest for 2 minutes (optimum 94°C).
- Preheat your French Press with boiling water.
- Grind coffee to a coarse grind (we offer a free grinding service with all coffee purchased!)
- Place on a weighing scale. Tare the balance, then add your coffee to the press.
- Pour 40g of hot water to saturate the grounds and stir.
- After 30 seconds add the remaining water, allowing it to steep for 4 minutes.
- Steadily plunge the filter to the bottom.