The Pour Over Method focuses on a percolation brew, which is when water filters through the coffee beans. Although the method is a little more involved than the french press or AeroPress, there is more control over the flavour.
The Pour Over Method
Building your Coffee:
- Boil fresh water.
- Place a paper filter into the brewer and rinse with hot water to preheat the device. Discard that water.
- Grind coffee to medium coarseness (we offer a free grinding service with all coffee purchased!).
- Add your coffee to the brewer and place it on top of the cup.
- Place this on a scale and begin slowly pouring hot water to saturate the coffee and let it bloom for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour 50g of water every 30 seconds until a total of 250g is achieved.
- Let all water drip through until the bed of coffee looks dry (that should ideally take 3-4 min)
- Remove the brewer from your cup
The Final Product: